Okay, so I'm slightly neurotic!

It's a fact I can't hide. I am slightly neurotic when it comes to social situations. For some reason that surprises people when I tell them. Yes, I'm outgoing and friendly. I meet people easily and make friends quickly. However, I always have this underlying fear or dread of being judged.

"What are they thinking about me?"

"Why did she just look at my shoes?"

Often, none of my fears are valid. I over analyze the situations I am in and become slightly paranoid. Combine this with PMS, which is what has happened this week, and you get what you see below - an insecure mess! lol

But it's all good. After pep talks from the two Lisa's in my life I'm feeling better and will be attending the gathering on Saturday with confidence and a smile on my face. This is going to be fun because I am going to make it fun!

I'm good enough,
I'm smart enough,
and, doggonit,
people like me!
~Stuart Smalley

Peace!
Jo

No comments: