Why we have children

Originally posted Sunday, January 7, 2007


I swear many of us - especially those of us who are babies of the family - just have children to inflict the torment on them that was inflicted on us in our childhood. Alice sets herself up for it constantly. I love it. I can't help it! Hey, it's a good life lesson.

Anyway, today...

We were driving in the car and she started in on "poop" talk again. Something she's learned from a little girl at school (who is the sweetest little thing) who says, "Poop on a stick!" when she's mad.

I told Alice, "Hey, I'm not big on the 'poop' talk. Can we cut it out?" Alice giggled and continued with, "Poopy pants. Poopy cat. Poopy dog..." Well, you know the old saying. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

I said, "Hey Alice. Do you like POOPeroni on your pizza?"

"Eww, no. I only like pepperoni!"

"Hey, Alice... do you want to have a POOPsicle when we get home?"

"Eww, no! I only like popsicles!"

"What about POOPsi? Do you want a sip of my soda POOP?", I asked. To which she replied, "Okay mommy. Enough of the poop talk now."

I haven't heard the word poop since. Agitate or be agitated, that's my new motto!

No comments: